View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 01:43 AM   #106 (permalink)
pgfpro
In Lean Burn Mode

MisFit Talon - '91 Eagle Talon TSi
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 39.03 mpg (US)

Warlock - '71 Chevy Camaro

Fe Eclipse - '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
PGF, I really appreciate your posts and level of intensity with your vehicle. Every community has it's own people who bring in a unique contribution, and the programming w/ ECUs and development you do is appreciated.

I liked the response (normally I "Thank" when I have nothing of value to post, but want to say I like it), but it may confuse people if they don't know how to calculate force and what torque really is.

Marine Engine Torque Vs. Horsepower | Performance Product Technologies Is a decent article, I can't find my favorite (the one that finally taught me how it works).
Thanks that really means a lot to me!!!

I hope I don't come across as someone that thinks he's got it all figure out, because I'm really not that type of person (I'm always learning and making a ton of mistakes along the way).

I try to use my real life experience to explain my ideas and thoughts from some one that's just your average person that loves cars. I'm no engineer,lol just a manager of a local automotive paint jobber.

I have been tuning/building and racing cars since the early eighty's and then got into tuning/building turbocharged efi engines for the last 15 years.

I was about to give up on my project a few months ago, but I got the privilege to listen to Burt Rutan speak (our new neighbor here in Coeur d' Alene) at our local public library!!! He inspired me to not give up! I believe that its the people on forums like this one that will make a difference in future. People on this forum have the freedom to make cars with boat tails, kam backs, wheel covers etc. and not care what the cost analysis is, or is the body shape to much for next years consumer to handle.

So all you ecomodder's keep up the great work!!! The internet is very powerful and trust me people are watching

The Following User Says Thank You to pgfpro For This Useful Post:
ron (11-11-2013)