Thread: RTU Engine
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
pgfpro
In Lean Burn Mode

MisFit Talon - '91 Eagle Talon TSi
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 39.03 mpg (US)

Warlock - '71 Chevy Camaro

Fe Eclipse - '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Quote:
One of the important factors is the fuel efficiency, which with the RTU ECU itself will increase an average of 16.4%. The RTU ECU used in conjunction with our TEC controller would reduce the CO2 emission rate an average of 5 to 8% even on a stock engine by allowing the use of ethanol based fuels.
It looks like one of their tricks is the use of ethanol probably E98. Ethanol with some type of ceramic coating on the piston tops combustion chamber and cylinder liners could help a ton keeping the heat inside with less transfer.

On my first lean burn Talon I'm sure I could of ran with a much smaller radiator maybe even without when racing it at the the drags. I would see coolant temperature drop from 200*F to 160*F at the end of a low 11 second pass on E85. But in traffic on a 95+ Summer day I would need a radiator. I'm wondering if RTU is saying in "race form only" you don't need a radiator or maybe just a small one at that?

The other thing about ethanol you can run very lean and not lose as much power compared to gasoline.