View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 10:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
War_Wagon
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailermaker View Post
Is there a thread on 3rd gen honda wagons?
I wish!

Gasoline Fumes has what I think is the highest MPG Civic wagon on the site if you want to see what he has done with it.

Details: Nut Wagon - 1991 Honda Civic Wagon DX Fuel Economy - EcoModder.com

As for the EPA results etc, you have to remember they are just a guideline, and that these cars are 25 years old now. The hatch and wagon had a few MPG difference - when they were new. Now, 25 years later, who knows, there are so many variables like the last quarter century's worth of maintenance, what has or has not been replaced, current mechanical condition, etc etc. Especially when you are talking about two different, specific cars. You could say on average the hatch should get better FE, but you have 2 specific cars to choose from, so IMO condition would tell you more about which to go with. Maybe one has a wrecking yard motor in it with mystery miles on it, maybe one has an Si transmission in it, who knows? When they were new the difference in FE wasn't much, so I'd say pick the one you think is in better condition. The more original and not messed with it looks, the better. And if they are equal, pick the wagon ha ha
MetroMPG (12-10-2013), trailermaker (12-10-2013)