View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #17 (permalink)
3dplane
EcoModding Apprentice

14 Mirage - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage DE
Mitsubishi
90 day: 68.74 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
That is good to hear. I have often mentioned that when I climbed in a Honda Fit, my knees were up against the dash!

I am 6'2".
Good to know! I have not "tried on" a Honda Fit yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by vskid3 View Post
I'm not usually one for cosmetic mods to economy cars, but that stripe on the side adds a lot to the car.
Amazing mileage! I checked Fuelly and 2 other manuals are averaging over 45MPG, so it looks like its quite good at beating its EPA rating. What is most of your driving like?
Thanks! I never cared about cosmetic mods either before the mirage,but it has no side molding so every time I looked at it,I felt like something was missing.

My driving is mixed highway and city about 27mile trips to work and home.

And I will hypermile as much as traffic from behind will allow me!

Some days are good but most of the time I have to keep 55mph on my highway section because nobody around here knows that it is perfectly fine to safely pass a vehicle on the road.

I just get the 90mph closing speed approach from behind and then they settle 15-20 feet behind me hoping I went faster. I see this happen to other drivers on the road too.

So to be fair to the EPA numbers we have to consider that I hypermile!

However I can only imagine how (bad) someone would have to drive or how bad traffic would have to be to get any worse than the EPA numbers!