View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 02:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Compaq888
EcoModding Apprentice

DMC - '99 Honda Civic DX
Scangauge II Out of Warranty Repair

I originally bought my scangauge II in 2006, after using it for a couple of years the backlight went out.

I thought it was the cable so into order to get back into the economy game I bought a new cable. When I jiggled the old cable it made the back light work sometime. To my surprise the new cable didn't solve the problem.

I then called Linear Logic and was instructed to just go ahead and send my unit in with a note what the problem is, what car it's in, and the return address.

After exactly one week I get a package in the mail. It's my old unit but it looks like it has new buttons, the backlight works and on top of that it's loaded with new software. It also came with a new manual.

Right away I noticed I'm getting more accurate fuel consumption(gph), it also senses when my injectors are off and shows it. On my next drive where I did 50/50 city/hwy I got 43.X mpg. Not bad considering there was some traffic on the freeway. The car in question is 99' civic 5spd dx.

My best before was 49mpg on freeway only drafting a truck could probably be beaten with this updated scangauge.

One happy customer