View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #503 (permalink)
darcane

Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
I would love to post video at some point. I need a safe way to take the video. But in the mean time... I know that my power steering delete, 200+ lbs weight reduction, and alternator on/off switch help quite a lot in the city, making a big part of the difference. But also, I shut the car off at all long stops. And it is warmer here in Southern Cali that where you are in Washington, I bet.

In the city my technique is heavy on the P&G, with some super low-load, low rpm flat area cruising, where my way-tall fifth gear can get me 80-100 mpg on short stretches at 35 mph. That's a pretty good way to warm the car on parts of my drive from cold morning start. It also gives me good opportunities to juice a low battery late in my return commute.
Well if you are ever able to, I would appreciate it and I'm sure others would too.

No alternator switch, but I did delete power steering. Weather hurts too, especially this last tank. Our cold snap meant leaving in the morning with temps in the 15-25°F range. Between that and my battery problems, my last tank was pretty awful.

My new yellow top showed up today though, hopefully that should help.

2001 Civic HX Mods

CTS-V

2003 Silverado Mods