View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
jeff88
Lots of Questions

Motor-Rolla - '01 Toyota Corolla LE
Team Toyota
90 day: 28.3 mpg (US)

Gaia - '99 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Highlander
90 day: 19.78 mpg (US)

Gaia - Round 2 - '99 Toyota 4runner SR5 Highlander
90 day: 17.23 mpg (US)
I'll just throw up a few ideas:

* rain water collection
* food scraps (goes with recycling)
* organic garden
*these three could be combined to benefit each other.
* native species garden
* Convert any of the schools gas driven golf carts/John Deeres to another eco-friendly fuel (like bio diesel if you go that route)
* Eco-architecture - figure out where the best place to put trees is, where to put sun shades and where not to, where to have overhangs, etc. (I can help with this a little bit, too)
* convert existing pavement walkways to water draining walkways (e.g. stone paths with dirt or mulch surrounding each stone)

I will undoubtedly have more ideas for you. If these aren't your cup of tea, let me know (I won't take offense ). I would definitely recommend putting forth something that you are interested in. Don't just suggest something because it is eco-friendly. If you like Baseball, find something that works within that.

Good luck! We need more green initiative leaders like you!

Best EM Quotes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
It has been said, that if you peel the duct tape back on Earth's equator, you'll find that the two hemispheres are held together with J B Weld.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9 View Post
subscribed with a soda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
If you're burning,and someone throws gasoline on you,there will be a localized cooling effect, but you're still on fire.