View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 05:54 PM   #31 (permalink)
oldbeaver
EcoModding Apprentice

Mercedes 89 D - '89 Mercedes 300 E
90 day: 33.86 mpg (US)

Skodie - '09 Skoda Octavia TDI PD
90 day: 38.84 mpg (US)

1993 Mercedes 300D Turbo - '93 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo W124
90 day: 26.19 mpg (US)

Crossie - '16 Subaru XV Crosstreak
90 day: 9.61 mpg (US)

Crossie - '16 Subaru XV Crosstreak
90 day: 33.34 mpg (US)
I tested HHO generator with my diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Tele man View Post
...you can do the same/similar "improvement" with 'shots' of NOX too, because I all you're doing is introducing a different fuel into the combustion process, one that either "boosts" power (NOX) or economy (CNG, propane, etc.).

...however, the REAL effect is simply that you're adding more fuel, albeit a different fuel, into the engine.

...add both fuels together, and your net "gain" is seldom above zero.
My experience was this:

Even when I add more fuel to the engine (the HHO), as my engine is not electronicaly controled, when I switched ON the HHO generator the engine diminishes rpm in the same way as with Air Conditioner. The HHO generator was my second versión build, improved, with 11 cells, very efficient, but even though, for me it was clear that the generator was sucking more energy from the engine than the energy it was providing burning the HOH gas.

If the gas had been giving additional energy, the engine would have increased its rpm, as if I was accelerating a Little more, i.e. injecting more fuel.

Besides, the HHO generator had to be fed with wáter.

I worked a lot in the system, but reality showed me it was a fiasco.
Not any theoretical consideration or prejudice. Just doing.

Oldbeaver

Note: What if we had to generate our gasoline or diesel onboard? My impression is it probably would had a negative energy balance too.

Last edited by oldbeaver; 12-18-2013 at 05:58 PM.. Reason: improve