Thread: Diamond Lube
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #82 (permalink)
DiamondLube
EcoModding Lurker

All excellent questions. nanodiamonds confirmed by Raman and TEM w/xray diffraction and spherical confirmed with SEM at 100,000 power. Diamond reconfirmed with NMR, however much of the testing is covered within the patent application and will not be released until published.

As seen on my ebay offerings, the oil is amber just like it is out of the bottle. I do not have fullerenes, I have spherical Nanodiamond.

They are not made from diamond dust, but they are extremely difficult to create.

The COF has been verified at .0008 by a Japanese bearing company. Teflon COF is .04 which explains why my product works so good on the sliding surfaces of a gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
I'm puzzled with the perfectly round claim.
How can a small diamond be even an approximation of a sphere?
It is the strongest crystal structure possible.
It is stronger in some directions than in others; it is bound to have crystalline edges.
To craft those into small near-perfect spheres would be very hard to do.

There is however one structure on a nanoscale that resembles a sphere very well: Fullerene, the 60 carbon atomed buckyball molecule.
Although the Wikipedia article only refers to lubrication as a side note, it is not hard to see how that round and flexible nanostructure could help in reducing friction.
If by chance the microwave process you use to produce the 'nanodiamonds' does really create buckyballs then I can believe it does actually work as a lubricant.

One simple test should reveal whether that is the case or not.
Fullerene in oil has a purple haze.
So, Mr. Arnold, what colour does your oil have?