Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > The Unicorn Corral
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2013, 05:39 PM   #71 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

awesomer - '04 Toyota prius
Thisn't an "idea" it is a product being hocked where even easy questions are dismissed.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-26-2013, 01:53 AM   #72 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Geo XL1 - '94 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Boat tails and more mods
90 day: 72.22 mpg (US)

Big, Bad & Flat - '01 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 21.13 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,353 Times in 711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck View Post
I went to your site to find out what sort of testing was used.

This is what I found.

Testing

Why are the ASTM test results only "available for review by pre-qualified industrial customers"...???

If the testing was "arranged - proved". Then why is it not freely provided...???

In the slide show there are papers shown, but without context they are totally meaningless. Also, when you click on a document to view, it can't be enlarged easily.

I'm not trying to beat you up here. I'm trying to understand why you say your product is the best thing out there.

Please show your proof. (testing, including context). Not Testimonials.

>

Still waiting for a answer on this.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #73 (permalink)
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
RustyLugNut- The animosity is toward people who say "Buy my product. It's great and I can prove it:"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondLube View Post
The proof it works is right on the webpage with the racer winning his first race ever. I have a dyno sheet on the testing page showing a 20% increase in HP and no negative feedback on ebay.

Its a shame that basic understanding of science in the USA hast been lost over the years. Someone said that scraping the burnt bread off toast should increase fuel economy if added to oil because that's carbon too. I didn't realize where I was, cancel my membership please.
JRMichler did ask what the patent application or publications number was. It's a shame that DiamondLube's basic understanding of making claims is so poor that he thinks the answer to "Show me the money" is "There's a story on my website about a guy who says my claims are legit."

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

Old 12-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #74 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Charlie View Post
RustyLugNut- The animosity is toward people who say "Buy my product. It's great and I can prove it:"

JRMichler did ask what the patent application or publications number was. It's a shame that DiamondLube's basic understanding of making claims is so poor that he thinks the answer to "Show me the money" is "There's a story on my website about a guy who says my claims are legit."
DiamondLube has left more unanswered questions than pertinent information. But, as in my case, he has piqued interest in the subject that bears perusing. I think that has been overlooked.

I have not looked into nano lubricants since 2009 and it is a good thing to find nano diamonds much more affordable and available from several dozen sources. I don't know the advantages over what we are currently using in nano titanium, but it bears looking into.

I thank DiamondLube for bringing the subject to mind, but I do wish the discussion had been more fruitful. Still, I have been able to contact several manufacturers, and their tech departments have been helpful in forwarding information as well as offering sample sized ( kilogram ) quantities for good prices in various nano grade ranges.

The real problem is this subject is not one that should be in the Unicorn Corral as such. DiamondLube has much to prove to bring his product out of the Corral, but this subject is important to ecomodders in that it is one of the few engine mods that can be performed on most engine applications. Lubrication improvements is a worthy thread unto it's own.

Old 12-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #75 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The SCUD - '15 Fiat Scudo L2
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-hack View Post
Too stupid to figure out how to cancel your own membership I see.
You are a lying POS. That is the only secret you wish to keep.
Why does it always have to end up in name-calling ?

There's sure to be some pretty slippery stuff out there that we haven't fully fathomed out.

Vekke used WS2 / tungstensulfide in his Lupo for reduced friction.
Seems to have worked, though Vekke was doing lots of mods at the same time.
Hägar ran smoother as well, however with no verifiable improvement in FE (WS2 in engine oil only , 1g / L).

If you've ever used "Teflon spray" that instantly reduces friction as well.
Spray-on-slippery without oily residue.
Seemed like magic in the day. Still does.
I first saw it sometime in the 90s, still horribly expensive, but we used it extensively in the pharmaceutical industry as machinery oil on prescription drugs is generally frowned upon.

As for DiamondLube, you were offered near-free testing by people who are already well into fuel efficiency improvement ... why not take advantage of it ?

Old 12-26-2013, 04:48 PM   #76 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I offered anyone here testable proof that this nano-product works and asked only $3 to cover shipping of the $12 bottle. No takers, offer retracted.

I never said BUY anything, I just asked that you look. The Patent application number was asked for and I said no. I also said publication has been “intentionally delayed” but some people are illiterate.

As for specific tests, I do not publish them because idiots that don’t know how to read the results have attacked them for being falsified whereby Military testing was performed, passed and certified. Make judgments from those results. Friction is friction no matter what it’s on.

It must be seen to be believed in the same manner that the Chicago Wolves hockey team equipment manager kept repeating I was making it up, it must be proven to him, he didn’t believe it could possibly be any different than any number of snake oils on the market – then after all was proven, he stopped talking to me and he like thousands before him wanted to “keep it his secret.”
Many major sports shops have seen the results, then they realized it actually stopped wear and would kill repeat sales and established services like skate sharpening. Truckers buying the expensive kits, getting fantastic oil analysis results proved severely reduced soot and wear, while increasing fuel economy 25-35%, then All their friends called THEM Liars and crazy, until they stopped talking to “anyone” about it.

Nobody screws hundreds of people on ebay and maintains 100% feedback.
Timkin saw bearing wear disappear, and with it replacement sales, the Whal clipper co saw it and realized that oil and blade replacements would fall off – they wanted it buried. Same with Mobil, BP, EXXON, US Steel, Norfolk Southern, VEPCO, GM, FORD, AG Russell Knife Co, Borg Warner and countless others, they all saw it work, but for some reason would rather keep things as they are.

You like replacing your stuff because it wore out, keep ignoring DiamondLube and you won’t have to worry about ME screwing YOU out of a single penny.

BTW, there is NanoDiamond available everywhere now, and unlike my unique material – it is either detonation synthesis, or ground up crystalline diamond, and neither performs anywhere near mine. In simpler terms, you can’t get my material but through me. IF detonation Nanodiamond could perform like mine, don’t you think that after 25 years on the market, someone else would have mentioned these results. I have the only Tactical Diamond Coating approved by the Military, and it is NOT detonation nanodiamond.

If you think that by buying available nanodiamond you are going to get the same results I am talking about – you will not come close.
Chris Arnold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Charlie View Post

Old 12-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #77 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

euromodder private message to discuss testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by euromodder View Post
Why does it always have to end up in name-calling ?

There's sure to be some pretty slippery stuff out there that we haven't fully fathomed out.

Vekke used WS2 / tungstensulfide in his Lupo for reduced friction.
Seems to have worked, though Vekke was doing lots of mods at the same time.
Hägar ran smoother as well, however with no verifiable improvement in FE (WS2 in engine oil only , 1g / L).

If you've ever used "Teflon spray" that instantly reduces friction as well.
Spray-on-slippery without oily residue.
Seemed like magic in the day. Still does.
I first saw it sometime in the 90s, still horribly expensive, but we used it extensively in the pharmaceutical industry as machinery oil on prescription drugs is generally frowned upon.

As for DiamondLube, you were offered near-free testing by people who are already well into fuel efficiency improvement ... why not take advantage of it ?

Old 12-26-2013, 05:20 PM   #78 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

awesomer - '04 Toyota prius
Quote:
I offered anyone here testable proof that this nano-product works and asked only $3 to cover shipping of the $12 bottle. No takers, offer retracted.
You also said you don't sell little bottles, and since you asked to be removed why should anyone keep reading?

Quote:
Nobody screws hundreds of people on ebay and maintains 100% feedback.
Do you understand that is a fallacy of an argument?
21 Plate HHO Hydrogen Generator SEALED Dry Cell Kit Watch Video | eBay

I would say absolutely it is possible, and happens regularly. When people invest in something they WANT TO BELIEVE that it worked. That is why testimonials are completely worthless.

Quote:
Timkin saw bearing wear disappear, and with it replacement sales, bla bla bla
The incidence of conspiracy theories and unicorn-ness are nearly 1:1

Quote:
You like replacing your stuff because it wore out, keep ignoring DiamondLube and you won’t have to worry about ME screwing YOU out of a single penny.
Not worried, maybe if you didn't act like everyone else were idiots, but that isn't your target customer base, so please unregister yourself. You haven't really backed up any of your claims so go away and stop this infomercial.

Old 12-26-2013, 05:33 PM   #79 (permalink)
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
I'm puzzled with the perfectly round claim.
How can a small diamond be even an approximation of a sphere?
It is the strongest crystal structure possible.
It is stronger in some directions than in others; it is bound to have crystalline edges.
To craft those into small near-perfect spheres would be very hard to do.

There is however one structure on a nanoscale that resembles a sphere very well: Fullerene, the 60 carbon atomed buckyball molecule.
Although the Wikipedia article only refers to lubrication as a side note, it is not hard to see how that round and flexible nanostructure could help in reducing friction.
If by chance the microwave process you use to produce the 'nanodiamonds' does really create buckyballs then I can believe it does actually work as a lubricant.

One simple test should reveal whether that is the case or not.
Fullerene in oil has a purple haze.
So, Mr. Arnold, what colour does your oil have?

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.

Last edited by RedDevil; 12-26-2013 at 05:42 PM..

Old 12-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #80 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I also am puzzled by the "round diamonds" claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
I'm puzzled with the perfectly round claim.
How can a small diamond be even an approximation of a sphere?
It is the strongest crystal structure possible.
It is stronger in some directions than in others; it is bound to have crystalline edges.
To craft those into small near-perfect spheres would be very hard to do.

There is however one structure on a nanoscale that resembles a sphere very well: Fullerene, the 60 carbon atomed buckyball molecule.
Although the Wikipedia article only refers to lubrication as a side note, it is not hard to see how that round and flexible nanostructure could help in reducing friction.
If by chance the microwave process you use to produce the 'nanodiamonds' does really create buckyballs then I can believe it does actually work as a lubricant.

One simple test should reveal whether that is the case or not.
Fullerene in oil has a purple haze.
So, Mr. Arnold, what colour does your oil have?
I have seen several other manufacturers make this claim. But, it is an impossibility in the light of classic diamond crystal structures. Several other manufacturers make no claim of ball bearing diamonds but stress the Van Der Waals repulsive forces becoming dominant at nano scales. Also, one manufacturing house said the affinity of carbon to various hydrocarbons allows additives to adhere strongly at the nano level and provides lubrication to opposing surfaces. It seems the theory of nano lubrication is still being fleshed out.

I like your Fullerene theory. Very plausible and, if it has an attraction to a layer of nano diamonds embedded to a surface, the roller bearing action might be significant if the Buckey Ball is able to retain it's shape under load.

DiamondLube, if you have a product that is truly unique to the crushed and graded diamonds that are readily available commercially, you will have to make a technical sales pitch that convinces us that this is true. Because I see very little possibility that you have something truly unique. I have the thought of purchasing your gun lube vial ( I have a closet full of guns as it is ) and testing via a rubbing block test. I will compare your gun lube performance with a commercially available nano diamond powder. I find this subject truly fascinating.

Closed Thread  Post New Thread