View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
More confirmation

Nice work. A few of us now have tested this general Civic body type and have seen some similar things.

Here is a pic of tufts on my car, pasted in place by a light water mist that was on the car when I drove off:

Notice the recirculation zone near the base of the glass at the center that crosses onto the trunk. I think we see that in your #3 video too. And the pattern of evaporation of mist on my car in the below photo also suggests a recirculation zone in the same place:

Someone else on here has also recently made similar tests.

I think you have success displayed in these vids. Attached flow behind the rear wheels and probably better attached flow off the tail of the trunk with cleaner separation because of the extension, which I'm told is better.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.