Thread: Diamond Lube
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #109 (permalink)
redneck
Master EcoModder

Geo XL1 - '94 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Boat tails and more mods
90 day: 72.22 mpg (US)

Big, Bad & Flat - '01 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 21.13 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,353 Times in 711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slownugly View Post
correct me if im wrong but the compression rings cause the most drag. there may be little to no lubrication at the pistons for a reason. i wouldnt really want that stuff toying with a good compression ring seal. what if the stuff slips past and ruins the ring seal?

we have enough problems with ethanol slipping past our rings as it is. ive seen more vehicles with oil burning problems in the last year than the last 9 weve owned our shop. regular oil is slipping by these rings, whats to say this stuff wont make things worse. 3 chevy cobalts in 6 months that burned the oil out and released the timing chain tension. bent valves.

yea ill let someone else risk the investment.
It may work like this.

Dispersion effect and auto-reconditioning performance of nanometer
WS2 particles in green lubricant

http://www.ias.ac.in/matersci/bmsoct2010/529.pdf

I use WS2.

What I have found using it in engine oil is that,

1. oil consumption is down
2. oil is cleaner in appearance

This is in line with the above linked article.

As far as mpg goes, I made to many other mods during the same time to be able to attribute any gain in mpg to the WS2 added to the engine oil.

There is a lot of info published on the web as to the anti wear properties of Ws2, which is why I decided to use it in the first place.

DiamondLube is essentially saying the same thing. However, he does not produce any proof, method of testing or any results of said tests.

That's a big problem.

>

The Following User Says Thank You to redneck For This Useful Post:
RustyLugNut (12-27-2013)