View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 03:03 AM   #62 (permalink)
drrbc
EcoModding Lurker

And before retiring for the night, I felt the overwhelming urge to go out and kick the dogs cage and wake those pups up…

Consider hydrogen diffusivity is 4 times greater than CNG (methane) and 6 times greater than propane, and that flame velocity is 6-7 times faster for both as well.

So, as oil pan 4 noted (07-23-2011) …"you account for all the BTUs in the diesel and the BTUs per mile you get from the "gas" you get 3% to 5% more fuel economy that you cant account for."

And from euromodder (07-23-2011) "The good part is you win on total BTU, so the diesel is also used more efficiently.

It's this sort of benefits the HHO-crowd is screaming about, but can't realize as they have to produce their own H2."

This is an example of what I call "So close, but yet so far".

They almost had it. The HHO debate IS NOT about amps and Joe cells. There aren't simple formulae as with electroplating or galvanic corrosion.

It's about the complex physical nature of multiple gases and their chemistry as they move through an internal combustion engine and their effects (on it, each other, and the world surrounding).

It's an OPEN system. Turbulent mixing and combusting of multiple gases- including some novel molecules suspected of being present, but can't be proven- and the heat and work transferred to the planet.

And no "Idealized Carnot Heat Engine" rebuttals- I'll puke.

So if you want to play the game with me, and like it or not- you will play- you should remember:

You can't win and you can't tie.

But it won't matter. Because, in the end, it will all fall apart anyway...

Last edited by drrbc; 01-05-2014 at 03:08 AM..