View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 11:30 AM   #77 (permalink)
drrbc
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazInMT View Post
Yeah, wassup drrbc?? I been reading your stuff the last few days and yer the only person I've known yet that seems to have a handle on the physics of combustion with your talk of hydrogen diffusivity and flame velocities. It is the only thing that keeps me from just shreading the daylights out of people who claim HHO works cause I myself don't understand the variables of combustion and why or why not the minuscule amounts of hydrogen added work of not......I firmly believe the extra energy required to produce the HHO cannot be made up by a great gain in combustion efficiency. And if we look at it in terms of atoms in and atoms out, (Not molecules...atoms) we're really just dealing with gross quantities of N, O, H & C, then the simple laws of perpetual motion make HHO beyond preposterous in it's claim. As in, we can't pick ourselves up by our own shoelaces and fly around the room, we can't put a generator on the wheels to make electricity to power a motor to make us go, etc. We can't generate hydrogen from water, using electricity from the engines alternator, then burn the hydrogen in the engine to make power to generate hydrogen to burn in the engine to make power to generate hydrogen.

So, if you have solid claims that say the "Catalytic" effect of the trace hydrogen added by HHO schemes will create significant amounts of efficiency such that it makes up for the energy spent to generate the gas to begin with and then some, I'd love to hear it. Or if you have claims that show there's no frickin way the tiny amounts of H can make it that much better, I'd love to hear that too.
Chaz,

Truthfully, I have no idea what's going on. What I've been reading tells me that there is WAAAAAAAY more here than meets the eye. But I think where we're at is with the clay pot that has the iron and copper strips thats filled with OJ 2000 years ago. Here we are sitting around the table wondering what's going on and how to use it.

Remember, a catalyst doesn't change the number of reactions- it changes the time that they are done in. Again, an open system.

The electrolysis argument don't hold for the same reason- it's an open system.

As far as the different gases, I don't even want to try imagining all of the different possibilities. It makes my brain hurt.

Here is something I do know- Grab a nose plug, a straw, and a bottle of 70/30 heliox. Put the straw in your mouth. (you must inhale only thru the straw, but can exhale around it) Now try to run down the hallway and back.

Didn't make it, did you?

Now hook the straw up to the heliox and repeat.

Now how about that? Pretty neat, huh? And did ya feel just a little cooler as well?

One other thing I've learned- just as quick as you can say "can't", "won't", "impossible", or the like- somebody proves you wrong. IOW, I've learned to be quiet and just listen. It make it harder for them to prove just how stupid I really am.

But for now I'm just really amazed by this clay pot.