View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 01:10 PM   #98 (permalink)
P-hack
Master EcoModder

awesomer - '04 Toyota prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrbc View Post
My reasons are simple- profit being the first. I don't want to spend anymore for gas than I gotta, and I'd like to make my vehicle last as long as possible as well.
See that is the thing, it is ok to read the forum for profit, but when you participate by trying to rally the troops to a cause you don't understand fully, then that isn't really participating. Peoples time is worth something to them as well, and the people participating want to have some idea that what is being experimented on will be useful to others. It isn't just about one persons profit, it is about building a useful knowledge resource. If everyone focused on their own profit and their participation consisted of demanding others to run whatever experiments they want, well it doesn't work that way. In the same vain if people participate without substantiating their claims, that is also just noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrbc View Post
So let me address your initial statement of your initial sentence: Are you SURE that's what is bugging you? You don't gotta answer, it's just that right before my Id stuck his thumb in his mouth and went to sleep I might have noticed that on some of the fixtures around here the veneer don't exactly match the wood underneath. Seriously- not hatin', just askin'.
This is an open and free forum, I kinda understand that there are requirements for experimentation and claims that they need to be done openly such as a science, and profit is not an excuse for not substantiating claims (or making wild claims). If you think someone making a claim while doing something for profit in any way substantiates their claims, then I don't even know what else to say. Their body of work and data is the only thing that can.