View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 04:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Walbum
EcoModding Lurker

Ulven - '02 VW Lupo 3L
90 day: 76.16 mpg (US)
Hi frank this is from my introduction

Quote:
I daily commute 56 miles to work and home again. About half is 15% city and 35% country road and the other half is freeway. The first half have about 8 turns and 6 roundabouts ( we love roundabouts in Denmark ) I drive 49 mph on the country roads and speed down to 31 when I'm with in city limit. My driving stile is that I hit almost full throttle until I'm a few mph above posted speed and then I easy the throttle until I hit the desired speed and I settle the throttle there. I try to anticipate an approach to turns and roundabout ideling in neutral gear for about 1/4 mile before the turn if traffic allows it and when I get close I break with the engine and last hit the breaks if needed. I try to pass turns and roundabout with as high speed as possible within safety of myself and other traffic as I don't have to use all the energy getting to posted speed afterwards.
On the freeway my speed is 68 mph. Half of the freeway only has 2 lanes so I have to over take trucks that are only allowed to drive 56 mph in Denmark. Speed in the outer lane usually 80 mph so I usually have to get to that speed in order to blend into the traffic. Also about 6 miles of the freeway is under construction going from 3 to 4 lanes and that makes traffic jams morning and afternoon doing rubberband driving as we call it.
Beside this I drive in my free time aswell on prity much the same roads
There is no mountains in Denmark just wery small hills that don't need breaking going down and if it's needed the lupo beaks excellent with the motor on hills

The car weighs 830kg so it's really light.. I sometime drive with about 100kg worth of tools and materials when I work as electrician for friends.
I Think i have done close to 50000 miles on the upgraded break discs and they have 50000 more in them

Last edited by Walbum; 01-07-2014 at 04:42 PM..