View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 06:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
zingaro
EcoModding Lurker

z - '13 Honda CRZ

Global - '12 Dodge Ram Cargo Van
Thanks for the replys. Ive been checking out your pages james, good stuff. I might want an alt cut off on my other vehicle a dodge cargo ram. its a boat, big, with drogue chute hangin from the mirror! I can almost get 30 on the road @ 52 <. BUT, at present im off the grid and its the kitchen and bedroom so I idle a lot to run my inverter or for heat.

I don't think the z would work with a cutoff as ive adopted the practice of coasting but then I have to hold at least a thousand rpm with the throttle to get one bar of charge to charge up the IMA battery. The glide will do it but it seem not as efficient.
Ive considered trying to have someone flash the ecu to where the idle will be set higher but don't know if that will work. When its cold and set on fast idle, usually around 11 or 12 hundred rpm I dont get that bar of charge ( the bar is a digital/analog display on the dash) SO that computer is smarter than me.
I have found out its tricky to hold a grand while in neutral but im getting better at it. Ive noticed some post about "barefoot" and I can relate.

the Z is a wonderful car.. it has the throttle by wire deal so I would have to fab a mechanical stop on the pedal..

Im retired so sometimes I drive just to burn gas but have a set course to compare data.

THANKS for all u folks that are paying into the SSI system. Its great and I hope its still around when u reach 62........ 2
thx again z