View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 01:10 PM   #1268 (permalink)
XYZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
Boy, you guys are amazingly smart.
Sarcasm without substance convinces no one of your position.

Quote:
Is tobacco safe to smoke, too? Cuz' the people who are pulling the wool over your eyes about climate change, are doing what the tobacco industry did.
No, there is a difference. The fact that smoking is a health hazard was provable. The propaganda that climate change is caused by man is unprovable.

Quote:
They paid doctors to say that smoking was actually healthy...
Exactly. Just as the government and well funded political entities are now paying scientists, directly and indirectly through funding to maintain a politically useful ideological position. Same thing, different interest!

Quote:
Do you have any other conspiracy theories, or just this one?
The fact that science is subsidized is not a conspiracy theory. The subsidies and grant money from government and foundations to institutions are the rewards. The punishment is that if you do not agree with the plurality of your collleagues, you risk losing your position as an academic or a scientist. Harassment and retaliation are common to both politics and scientific research.
Quote:
Donald Trump *almost* convinced me that global warming is a hoax, but he distracted me with his winning comb over.
Donald Trump is not an official spokesman for everyone who maintains that global warming / climate change is a politically useful stratagem. If the only negative criticism you have of Donald Trump is his deficient hair, you aren't a very astute activist, Neil.

I'll do it for you: Donald Trump is a bombastic blowhard. But his persona does not necessarily make him incorrect in disagreeing with the climate change ploy. In short, your appeal to emotion by ridicule of a public personality is not a convincing argument.

The Following User Says Thank You to XYZ For This Useful Post:
mcrews (01-12-2014)