View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 10:47 AM   #178 (permalink)
pgfpro
In Lean Burn Mode

MisFit Talon - '91 Eagle Talon TSi
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 39.03 mpg (US)

Warlock - '71 Chevy Camaro

Fe Eclipse - '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco007 View Post
1. How does Nitrous Oxide work when injected? Liberated free "O" molecule

2. H 2 "O" could the extra "O" introduced into the system have an impact?
Plus the free Hydrogen should create a hotter burn like the Hindenburg?

I know that it's hard to believe that it works, but it does. 1991 Chevy Caprice 305 with homemade bubbler was getting 40% better fuel economy till the computer did not like the extra "O" in the system. To get it to work properly you need to "TUNE" the system for the extra "O". I'm not that competent to tune the computer yet.

All of you that argue against this need to take a good look in the mirror and see who is holding you back form real ECO modding? Don't worry I'm Human 2
I'm enjoying this thread!!! The one thing I can see is a HHO system could increase the burn rate speed thus help with combustion efficiency.

I have done a lot of N2O testing and have ran systems with out adding additional fuel. I have total control over ignition timing and fuel flow through my engine management system.

What I found from my testing is I could run a small amount of N2O at light load on my lean burn engine and retard timing from 38* BTDC to around 6* BTDC at a 25:1+ A/F ratio and improve BSFC. What it did was make my already fast burn head faster. Running a lean burn engine requires more ignition advance and that is not a good thing. The nitrous help with this.

The down side with nitrous oxide at $30.00 lb. for a 10 lb bottle, the cost doesn't out weigh the improve engine efficiency.

Last edited by pgfpro; 01-17-2014 at 10:57 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pgfpro For This Useful Post:
drrbc (01-18-2014), mikeyjd (06-09-2014)