View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 07:00 AM   #188 (permalink)
IamIan
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMileQC View Post
but remember that when you kill the engine with the FAS system, you can't bump start to restart the engine.
Only in Phase-I of FAS while it is actively cutting the fuel injectors.

In Phase-II all FAS is doing is holding the clutch signal to make the car think you still have the clutch pressed down ( even if you do not ).

I have FAS and I have bump started ... when I FASed down a hill ... and I've also used MIMA to use the IMA to restart ... If I hold in my FAS button I stay in Phase-I which means I can also use MIMA to drive the IMA --- effectively a MIMA-EV-Mode... once FAS is in Phase-II the engine will restart from the RPMs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMileQC View Post
What I would like to work around is a way to activate or deactivate the DC-DC converter functions with a switch. That way I could preserve my 144v juice and I could charge the IMA battery less often. On short trips, I could let the DC-DC functions off all the way and charge my 12v battery at home with my 2A charger.
Sounds like you need the DC-DC keep alive... usually combined with FAS.

When the IMA Battery Voltage is present ... any time after the high voltage connector activates in the beginning ... The DC-DC default condition is on in alternator like mode ... the OEM system sends the DC-DC a signal to turn it off ... if you break that signal wire with a relay you fall back to the default condition of DC-DC being on.

Although the DC-DC enable doesn't have to be integrated with FAS as one unit ... that is a commonly used method.

If you haven't seen it yet ... A good write up on the step by step of doing FAS with the DC-DC enable is the one Highwatter did Link
The Following User Says Thank You to IamIan For This Useful Post:
HyperMileQC (01-22-2014)