View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 05:00 AM   #127 (permalink)
jedi_sol
Master EcoModder

2013 STi *SOLD* - '13 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Subaru
Sports Cars
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 26.59 mpg (US)

1996 Geo Metro *RETIRED from Ecomodding* - '96 Geo Metro Base
90 day: 58.68 mpg (US)
Yay, another sti owner!

My girlfriend won't let me buy go fast parts for this car, hence I'm pursuing my other modding hobby of Ecomodding. The secret to getting good mpg is pulse and glide, however you pulse in s# mode. This allows me to pulse for a very short time (let all 300 horses loose!) Then I can glide for a lot longer. So the car is still gets to flex it's muscles and I never get tired of sport s# mode.

Yes, the car handles like killer, hence I can take the "racing" line to conserve momentum by taking freeway changes at twice the speed as other cars, then blasting out the corner exit.

Unfortunately mine doesn't come with the middle tray . It only has the front engine tray and then a partial rear tray. Yeah I researched under trays for the car. 2008-10 sti (yeah I know they're essentially the same car as mine,)have an OEM middle under tray, but it's $75 a piece and I have to get them shipped from Japan. This tray I'm building costs me $60.

Yeah I found some good mounting points underneath the cr for the under tray. Next to the rear jack points there is a metal piece with holes that stick down. They don't appear to do anything special, I think they may be mounting points for the OEM under tray. Eventually when I'm done I'm going to build a front undertray and then a rear diffuser.

Sit rep: the screen window frames are too weak and the whole thing flexes under its own weight. They were rigid enough for my del sol undertray, but I guess the del sol was a way smaller car. I need to redo the whole thing in thicker aluminum bars.

Stay tuned!

See the rest of the Sti project log:
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...log-26612.html