View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 07:19 PM   #55 (permalink)
sarguy01
Master EcoModder

Mazda5 - '12 Mazda 5
90 day: 25.22 mpg (US)

Big D - '11 Dodge Durango Crew
90 day: 18.75 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcane View Post
It won't start... but it's still the wrong wire.

This IS the ground wire that controls the fuel injectors....
AND the crank position sensor(CKP),
AND the cam position sensor(TDC),
AND the IAC,
AND some grounds for the ECM,
and maybe the immobilizer too....

CKP, TDC, and IAC are fine. The ECM and the immobilizer are not. You will have to key off/key on to turn it on again.

Your diagram is a little different than my '01. I don't see where your immobilizer ground is and you DO NOT want to interrupt that (on my '01 it branches off from what would be your wire connecting C202 and PGM-FI 2). You also don't want to interrupt IGP1 or IGP2 which you would be doing with your proposed solution.

The wire you are probably looking for is the yel/blk from C128 to [A]. Check your diagram to see where that wire goes. If it goes to another connector on your engine that controls JUST injectors, IAC, TDC, CKP then you have the right one.
C128 is on the valve cover.

The only 20 pin connector under the glove box is C145. I posted screen shots from service manual that is actually a 2001, not an 2005. Your manual was not the factory manual, was it?? My setup is probably very close, if not the same, as yours. That yel/blk wire does provide 5 volts to the injectors and the sensors you listed. I will throw up that part of the diagram later tonight.

I think the wire you put a relay on the is one I boxed with red...I studied the pic you posted and the yel/blk wire you cut was the one marked with tape, correct?? It matches the C145 connector.