View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 01:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
poomanchu
EcoModding Lurker

Civic Type-DX - '97 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 40.3 mpg (US)
Hello from Colorado (97 Civic DX)

Hello all! I've been lurking for awhile now. Thanks everyone for all the insight you have added to this forum, it has been helpful!

I just got a 97 Civic DX, a lady ran a light and took my poor crv out so I got this. I swapped over the floormats, steering wheel (I like the stippled look) and cluster from the CRV (tach and amber lighting). I just got new tires which are stock size, sort of lamenting that I did not get 175/ instead of 185/.

I am shooting for 45 mpg long term goal. I found a EG CX trans that has the super tall gearing and final drive and will be swapping that in. I plan on picking up some hx wheels and going a tire size smaller in width. I will be ordering one of those Ebay airdams (bumper lip) and making a grill block off plate.

Right now I think she is getting about 33mpg, but that is with check engine light on. I haven't had time to lookup and clear the code, which I will do tomorrow. Car runs and drives fine so I suspect an o2 sensor or something silly. I am hoping to see a good mpg increase when I get rid of that pesky light.

I do very basic hypermiling techniques but I cannot bring myself to shut off the car while in motion. Maybe soon, I've thought about it while coasting in neutral xD

I can get pics if you want, if you want to see a bone stock 97 dx down to the hubcaps lol. My Gs-R is another story, but I don't think anyone here is interested in that also

Anyways, thanks for having me! And thanks for being a part of this forum, oh the ideas and knowledge you have given me to be more eco friendly!