View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 02:44 PM   #31 (permalink)
DonEaston
EcoModding Lurker

Great advice... and I have to give you credit. You are pretty darn cool.

You guys probably have the debate every other week when someone new joins who doesn't exactly see things from your point of view.

I am not a eco enthusiast. I came here to try to understand the eco enthusiast point of view. So far, what I've learned, is that I am similar to some of you in different ways.

Some of you might push your cars to the limits for independence and security, so that you might get by for longer in times of shortage. I stock pile and stabilize gasoline for the same.

Some of you might do it so that you are prepared for emergencies. That is why I drive an SUV. That's also why I keep and bear arms, their ammunition supply, and the ability to increase that supply by many hundred.

Some of you might do it to clean up the environment. I care about the environment too. I recycle, and do what I can. Saving gasoline is simply not one of them.

Thank you, especially you, Metro. I'm impressed. I moderate a $70/year discussion forum, and I thought the civility that I see there was limited to pay-based forums. You all have proven me wrong, at least in that preconception.

Good luck to all of you in eco modding. I hope you do it to the fullest, and experience all the personal satisfaction and gain possible from such a venture. As you go about your lives, and continue making choices and decisions, and supporting causes that may effect others, please keep this in mind: Do not tread upon others, and you yourself will not be trod upon.

Please, keep an open mind, and a friendly attitude, and do not judge a man by what he drives. Ignorant, isn't the man who drives an excessive vehicle, but he who deems him ignorant for doing such.

God bless you all,

Over&Out.

-Don Easton (if that IS my real name....)