View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 04:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
American Viking
EcoModding Lurker

Dad's Jetta - '05 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5l package one
90 day: 23.23 mpg (US)

Black Cherry - '01 Honda VFR800fi
Last 3: 39.39 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
I couldn't find EU test results for MPG (which would have been close enough to EPA as makes no odds) - I don't think the EU tests MPG either EDIT for motorcycles.

Fuelly has a load of entries for VFR800 owners here which range from very low to very high - those are generally real world users so a good range of experience to compare against or aim for.

As for HHO it sits like a neglected toy in the Unicorn Corral awaiting someone to provide concrete evidence of it doing anything really.

Bennelson has videos on how to do an EV conversion if that helps.
I'm on Fuelly with the bike before the tuner and after adding the tuner. The Issue there is that I have to compile all the numbers from all those other VFR800 owners.
I can't use the one average mpg feature that Fuelly has because their system does not differentiate non-Vtec VFR800's and the Vtec VFR800's (two totally different motorcycles).
I guess that's better than nothing though.

As for the Unicorn Corral reference, I blame the junk and misinformation out there. I mean there are far too many DIY, build this from your trashcan and those sort of things. There are far too many people slapping a few bits of junk together and then selling it on EBay or on their own junk websites. The worst is some vendors are dealers for quality systems but they don't understand how the systems work, so they make mistakes that cost the reputation of good designs.
I don't want to think about how many systems I've had to fix, because the brand dealer did not give out correct information or perform a proper installation.

I'll definitely look into the videos.
I'm looking into what controls have to be added and/or removed to allow the EV conversion to work with the OEM early CAN network.

Black Cherry (no epa ratings)

Dad's Taxi

The Lead Sled (EV conversion coming soon)