View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 01:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
You must be driving rather fast? If you got a low chin spoiler or air dam there should be a vacuum effect sucking air through the front openings of your car. Maybe the air is getting sucked in elsewhere? Blocking the front of the grill helps the air go around vs through the car and should still allow enough air for cooling. Of course the cooling system maybe full of rust, the antifreeze is shot and the t stat ma not be opening all the way.
Before I removed the 2 sides I was seeing ~230 at 55mph on the freeway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Viking View Post
That is pretty simple to determine.
If the tanks are top and bottom, with the radiator cap somewhere in the middle then its likely a vertical rad.
If the tanks are left and right, with the cap at on end, then it is a cross flow design.

I just googled it and it looks like your Camry has a vertical flow radiator.
Time to get that rad flushed and the coolant replaced with Evans or Engine Ice.
Yea I do suspect the rad being old is what's causing the heat issues, as I said before, it's been at least 5 years since the radiator stuff has been changed. So Evans or Engine ice is the best antifreeze for my car? I read a tutorial for flushing my system and the guy recommended Toyota Red.

On another note, I'm not going to get good readings today, I'll have super heavy headwinds and it's chilly outside today, typical.