View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 11:40 AM   #20 (permalink)
elhigh
Master Novice

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 40.02 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
It's an A. I have a 1945 parked in the front yard; I won it in a raffle. Not even a Super A, just an A, so no hydraulics are installed. It has some fueling issues and I plan on building a 3-pt hitch for it as no hitch gear was installed when it came to me. I have no time nor will to go looking for an original single-point Fast Hitch as it was equipped from the factory, and of course finding implements that would work with that would be like finding hen's teeth. A Cat 1 3PT will allow me to mount up some smaller implements and get some work out of it, though using a machine of this size for some chores I could do, like mowing my 9,000 sq. ft. yard, would be ridiculous. Three passes and the job would be done.

As far as power output goes, it's modest. VERY modest power ratings, easily eclipsed by a brand-new "garden tractor" from the big box stores. But those big box horsepower ratings aren't sufficient to, for instance, drag an 800-lb stump out of my front yard, which the A has done. And in 70 years I doubt if any of those big box garden "tractors" will still be around, whereas the Farmall might actually still be working.

Lead or follow. Either is fine.