View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 10:24 PM   #70 (permalink)
GeorgeWiseman
Banned

Blue Aveo - '08 Chevrolet Aveo 5
90 day: 25.13 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XYZ View Post
If a disciple were to believe in your theories and accept you as his guru, he would need to buy the EFIE, buy the books (or have you provide them here, gratis) and then buy your HyCO 2A or HyZor before having any possibility of saving a penny in gasoline. And that's not to mention all the other tinkering and materials that would be necessary... And you still maintain that you are not here to promote and sell something?
Yes, I ABSOLUTELY maintain that I'm NOT here to promote my technology or website! This is getting a bit old guys... Obviously you do not know me and I can understand some scepticism because I AM a fuel saving professional with a vested interest in people buying my products.

But you guys really don't 'get it'. For me there is a potential here for MUCH MORE than money. I'm lonely. I've been alone for many years. I want someone I can talk to about the things that matter to me. This website offers that potential.

I already have an excellent reputation worldwide and plenty of satisfied customers to inflate my ego and my pocketbook. I already have an established business (since 1984) that has a solid marketing plan that quite frankly does NOT include ecomodders... Sorry to burst your bubble and I'm saying this in the most respectful terms... I don't need or want your money.

I want community. I want communication with people who actually want to improve mileage and will do what it takes to make it happen. I'm very tired of apathy and ignorance. I'd like to be a contributing part of a community that cares about my passion... saving fuel.

I'm not looking for customers or disciples. I just want to help people by teaching stuff I know, who will in turn help me learn stuff I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYZ View Post
nor to mention the potential risks of damaging his vehicle. If your wife doesn't want you tinkering with her car, there must be a reason. After all, she knows you better than we do.
She does As a mechanic I can (and do) keep vehicles on the road far longer than normal. I've also turned my 1984 Volvo (it was a birthday present from her because I love those cars) into what she calls a FrankenCar (allowing me to put $20,000 into it and $5000 more to be done). Since she allowed me to work on her 1984 Honda Civic and my 1984 Volvo 245, she didn't see any reason to have me working on the 2008 Aveo just yet.

This Aveo is the first new vehicle we've ever owned and, in addition to not taking any chances with the warranty, she wanted to see a solid baseline before anything was done to it. BTW, we've decided having a 'new' vehicle isn't worth it, for us. I've been fighting with GM for years now, because the car does NOT get anywhere closer to the sticker mileage and, because I'm a mechanic with a scan gauge and the service manuals, I've gotten them to correct a few things. I want that car to be 'certified' the best that GM can do, so there's no question my technologies improved it. I have the fuel mileage records from day one.

It's now getting close to time for me to work on it (the warranties are expiring), so I expect to do some mods this summer.