View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 12:13 PM   #81 (permalink)
sarguy01
Master EcoModder

Mazda5 - '12 Mazda 5
90 day: 25.22 mpg (US)

Big D - '11 Dodge Durango Crew
90 day: 18.75 mpg (US)
HyCO-2DT Installation Instructions - This is your product, correct?

I googled HyCO and found this. Basically, the HyCO is a can that is plumbed into the fuel return line. Then, using compressed air, the vapors that collect in the top of the can are forced into the intake manifold, correct? Left over gas is then sent back to the fuel tank.

This system is used to add fuel vapor into the intake manifold. I am assuming, from what you talk about on your website, is that the fuel vapor is burnt and less fuel will be injected via the fuel injection system, hence the huge gains.

Questions...

How do you regulate the amount of fuel vapor going into the engine? Is it the same amount at all times? An engine needs a different amount of fuel at idle then at 3,000 rpm under load. How does the HyCO regulate the amount of fuel vapor needed?

Why does the EFIE need to be used if the engine is still burning gasoline? Am I incorrect to say that burning gasoline vapors are the same as burning gasoline coming out of a fuel injector? Wouldn't the O2 sensor read this the same?

How do you know that the engine is being run off of the vapors? How much vapor is produced? Does the EFIE simply lean the engine out and allow for these huge MPG gains?

Is it safe to have a homemade can full of gas in my engine compartment?