View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 09:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,607 Times in 7,088 Posts
I'm rooting for Cool Planet | The only company producing carbon negative fuels based on plant photosynthesis to remove CO2 from our atmosphere

Quote:
About Cool Planet
Cool Planet is deploying disruptive technology through capital efficient, small scale biorefineries, to economically convert non-food biomass into high-octane, drop-in biofuels. The process also generates value through biochar production, which can be returned to the soil, with the “Cool TerraTM” product enabling fertilizer and water retention for increased crop productivity, and more robust plant health. The process is capable of being carbon negative, removing over 100 percent of the carbon footprint for every gallon used, reversing the consequences of fossil fuels. Cool Planet’s technology has a broad portfolio of pending and granted patents. Global investors include BP, Google Ventures, Energy Technology Ventures (GE, ConocoPhillips, NRG Energy), and the Constellation division of Exelon.
Their latest press release: Cool Planet’s Cool TerraTM Biochar Receives International Biochar Initiative’s 1st Certification, California Organic Certification, and Support from United Nations Environment Program

Their proprietary 'bio-reactor' may well use similar organisms. I think they treat the process more holistically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
BTW everybody might already know...
I thought it was synthetic gas from coal and wood gas from wood.