View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 08:00 PM   #20 (permalink)
UltArc
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog 44 View Post
I'd be happy to copilot what ever aeromodded contraption you have under wraps, ill even contribute a bit to the entry fee.

E0 is available at certain stations scattered throughout NY. I'd suggest bringing a gas can to top off before the start. Insights compete against Insights, unless it's modified, and then it's in the larger anything goes modified class which includes some serious competition.
I will probably have to do that. I imagine I would get in free with the Insight (boattail, ridiculous front grille blocks, front wheel skirts), but is considered modified production according to their description. But my record with it is only 81 mpg, although that was before the boattail, RE-92s, or front wheel skirts.

The Mustang is exhibition, because the tires are not stock. Not knowing the layout (haven't researched yet), I don't know if I can pull off my highway, or even city mileage with her on these courses, although I am not against crazy P&G which I normally don't do on the highway or city.

I prefer the Mustang, myself, but between possibly paying full price, and being classified as exhibition, I may have to take the Insight. I don't have anything too crazy, just an Insight with some clearly homemade modifications- but I may have to take you up on this offer!

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.