Thread: Trucks & SUVs
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 09:40 PM   #20 (permalink)
poomanchu
EcoModding Lurker

Civic Type-DX - '97 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 40.3 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
There are many brand-new pickup/suv owners around here that live in apartments or mobile homes (I snicker to myself every time I walk past the crappy apartments where some chick has her $60,000 Escalade parked outside). It does not tax the imagination at all to see their truck costs more than their place to live. Then there are those who are in such a position as to lose their homes that also MUST put on airs and have that new truck too. Priorities...

A friend of mine lives across the street from the Food Shelf. You'd think the clients would show up on foot, bicycle, or beater car, right? Because they are in such dire straits they can't get their own food... right? Wrong. The parking in front of the Food Shelf is taken up with ginormous pickups and SUVs, most of them quite new. Go figure. And the clients... well let's just say, they don't LOOK malnourished.
*Ah I see thank you for straightening this out. I guess people who drive sensible cars never lose their homes to bad desicions and must really need the food more than the lady in the escalade as it's ok to be poor if you don;t have nice things. I now see that people who drive anything not 'acceptable' or frugal enough is a very evil person indeed and it seems they deserve what they get as long as it's bad.

*Denotes use of sarcasm.