View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 01:32 AM   #14 (permalink)
yoyoyoda
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
Sorry- "caster". Doesn't otherwise change my post.
If you read my original post, I already did make a good attempt at trying to drive the car without power steering. And there is little to no effort involved when moving the steering wheel while the car is jacked up so why would fluid then affect driving ability when the car is lowered?

I learnt how to drive on a manual steering box installed in a 2 ton wagon, a Ford XF Falcon FYI, I'm not a weakling and can easily lift a lot of weight, this car however is so heavy on the steering that I can barely get out of my own street! and it only begins to be steerable once speed gets to an unacceptably high range of above 30km/h.

I have to almost break the soft steering wheel just manuvering it while at a complete stop.

So no, I do not see any rational reason behind going to the effort of cutting the steel lines on a car that is my only one and then looping things away from the valves of the power steering rack, because it is difficult to reverse.

Especially when all of the evidence supports the fact that it won't do diddly squat. We can argue who else is stronger for the rest of the day, but I'm no weakling, the car will become undrivable once I add more cargo to the back, I know this because I have tried it and it has made it worse.

Last edited by yoyoyoda; 02-21-2014 at 01:37 AM..