View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 12:13 PM   #90 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthe View Post
Does your ABS system still work with engine off?

What about other secondary systems, vehicle stability control? does anything change with function of other safety devices for your vehicle?
For most vehicles, turning the key to the "On" position after cutting the engine will engage electronic controls: ABS, airbags, stability control, signals, etc.

I actually had to perform a full ABS stop while EOC-ing last year. I hadn't touched the brakes, so I had full vac and stopped missing the obstacle without a problem. The ABS motor will cycle the channels more slowly, but the force is still the same. It depends on battery power.

In the TSX, I tried the stability control in a parking lot with snow. It's a bit "muted" -- it acts more slowly, but still does the job. That car doesn't see much EOC time -- heavy steering and a long crank-over.

Quote:
Plus a few more...

Since the biggest benefits to drafting a truck are say within 10 ft of his rear bumper, is it really worth it?
You can still see a benefit further back. I don't draft trucks, period. The rule is, if you can see the driver's mirrors, you're OK.

RH77

_
_