View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 03:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
yoyoyoda
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbd56 View Post
So I'm guessing that this is your round-a-bout way of saying that truck drivers are idiots yoyoyoda?
Nope.

Only the small-truck drivers that raise their vehicles.

I like B-double truck drivers, they don't lift their trucks off the ground and they do everything they can to be safe on the roads, that includes predicting what dumb car drivers are going to do infront of them and miraculously stopping a 60+ ton vehicle in time.

Lifting a small truck however is bringing the frame of the vehicle up to the windscreen and A/B-Pillar of a passenger car, a LETHAL combination.

http://www.sbes.vt.edu/gabler/publications/cpic2000.pdf
Quote:
This paper investigates the compatibility of cars, light trucks, and vans (LTVs) involved in traffic crashes. An analysis of U.S. crash statistics shows that, although LTVs currently account for approximately one-third of registered U.S. passenger vehicles, collisions between cars and LTVs account for over one half of all fatalities in light vehicle- to-vehicle crashes. In these crashes, 81 percent of the fatally injured are found to be occupants of the car. These statistics suggest that LTVs and passenger cars are incompatible in traffic crashes, and that LTVs are the more aggressive of the two vehicle classes. The fundamental incompatibility between cars and LTVs is observed even when the analysis is restricted to collisions between vehicles of model year 1990 or later -- indicating that, despite the availability of newer safety countermeasures, e.g., air bags, the incompatibility between cars and LTVs will persist in future fleets.
As long as you obey the law you're ok.

It is against the law here to drive a lifted 4x4 on public roads in residential areas.

It is even illegal to modify the vehicle with a steel bumper bar, but nobody cares and the cops don't enforce the law.

If a B-double hits the side of my car the car just gets dragged along and probably lifted a few times into the air, rolled, if I'm lucky. But there was a woman who got hit, she died as her car rolled up onto the front lawn of the house near to ours.

If a lifted 4x4 hits me, I die, my passenger dies, instantly, and it probably will kill me from 40km and above.

Last edited by yoyoyoda; 02-26-2014 at 05:14 AM..