View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 02:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
WilliamYH09
EcoModding Lurker

Blueberry Yaris - '09 Toyota Yaris Base 2-door Hatchback 1.5L Automatic
90 day: 31.61 mpg (US)
Interior Side View Mirror Option

I'm considering deleting both my side view mirrors, but I like having a mirror on each side. I've been looking up options for mounting mirrors on the inside, and I want it to look nice without having to tear up any part of my interior. By the way, this is where I would like the mirror on each side (not my car, but mostly the same interior):

At first I was thinking I could get a mirror with a suction cup and swivel, because there is a piece of glass right there that is separate from the window. The only suction mirrors I could find were "baby mirrors" with horrible reviews.

Then I thought about buying a universal suction mount for iPods/iPads and mount a mirror to it. While I was browsing for such a thing, I came across this on amazon and ebay:

Search amazon or ebay for "Fouring BL Car Wide Angle Rear View Multi Blind Spot Mirror 3M VHB Tape."

I thought something like this might be perfect, because I won't have to worry about a suction mount falling off the glass.

The only thing that makes me hesitate is the fact that it's a blind spot mirror, and I'm not sure how good the view would be. I do normally use my side view mirrors as blind spot mirrors anyway, but they aren't concave and don't distort the view.

Is this a good idea? Bad idea? Are there better options? Any thoughts and ideas would be appreciated.