View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 10:03 PM   #32 (permalink)
XYZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Man View Post
I don't recall all the things they've said over the years is wrong with my back. On MRI they've found 7 bulged disks (3 consecutive upper, 4 consecutive lower). Facet joint syndrome, myofascial pain syndrome, degenerative disk disease and arthritis. There are others, but I can't remember what they were all called.
After preliminary x-rays, before I had all the other very expensive tests done, my MD told me I have degenerative disk disease. I still do, as the x-rays confirmed, because I am no longer young. I can't reverse that condition but that alone was not the cause of my daily pain.

Having that irreversible condition didn't stop me from wanting to relieve myself from having chronic pain, stiffness and lack of mobility.

After going through all the testing provided by medical tests, the neurologist told me my choices. I took the choice of living without pain or drugs or surgery, but choosing to do more daily theraputic excercises wasn't easy at first. Swallowing pain pills is an easy way out. The problem with taking drugs is that drugs never can cure the pain you are in. Pain killing drugs only relieve the pain momentarily and chronically, not interminably. They only temporarily deaden the pain. Ultimately, taking pain meds only prolongs the pain, without ever removing it.