Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2014, 09:50 PM   #31 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Cool

Yeah, exercise doesnt fix all back pain. Pills dont fix it either, its just a bandaid to deal with something that cant or wont be fixed. I met a lot of people in rehab who were in wheelchairs as a result of failed back surgery.

Dont let XYZ phase you, if your pills dont work tell your doctor and ask for something else. Try to describe as best you can what you do and do not like and what you want. If you got pain and its getting worse tell the doc. Ive gone as far as called my credit card company to dispute a few copays and takened drugs back to the drug store for a refund or store credit that do not work.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-09-2014, 10:03 PM   #32 (permalink)
XYZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Man View Post
I don't recall all the things they've said over the years is wrong with my back. On MRI they've found 7 bulged disks (3 consecutive upper, 4 consecutive lower). Facet joint syndrome, myofascial pain syndrome, degenerative disk disease and arthritis. There are others, but I can't remember what they were all called.
After preliminary x-rays, before I had all the other very expensive tests done, my MD told me I have degenerative disk disease. I still do, as the x-rays confirmed, because I am no longer young. I can't reverse that condition but that alone was not the cause of my daily pain.

Having that irreversible condition didn't stop me from wanting to relieve myself from having chronic pain, stiffness and lack of mobility.

After going through all the testing provided by medical tests, the neurologist told me my choices. I took the choice of living without pain or drugs or surgery, but choosing to do more daily theraputic excercises wasn't easy at first. Swallowing pain pills is an easy way out. The problem with taking drugs is that drugs never can cure the pain you are in. Pain killing drugs only relieve the pain momentarily and chronically, not interminably. They only temporarily deaden the pain. Ultimately, taking pain meds only prolongs the pain, without ever removing it.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:23 PM   #33 (permalink)
XYZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
Yeah, exercise doesnt fix all back pain. Pills dont fix it either, its just a bandaid to deal with something that cant or wont be fixed. I met a lot of people in rehab who were in wheelchairs as a result of failed back surgery.

Dont let XYZ phase you, if your pills dont work tell your doctor and ask for something else. Try to describe as best you can what you do and do not like and what you want. If you got pain and its getting worse tell the doc. Ive gone as far as called my credit card company to dispute a few copays and takened drugs back to the drug store for a refund or store credit that do not work.
Do you know why MD's prescribe so many drugs?

Doctors read the patient. If the patient wants pills, the doctor will provide the patient with a prescription. Most patients feel they didn't get their money's worth from the visit to the doctor if they didn't go home with a prescription in their hand.

The doctor gives the patient what he wants, because if the patient doesn't want to make an effort to help himself, neither will the doctor. Both the patient and the doctor take the path of least resistance. All doctors can recognize whether a patient wants a cure or merely a quick fix.

In America today, most people want a quick fix. That's the basis of why we have a drug culture. Drugs are supposed to fix everything. Some drugs can fix what is wrong, but only temporarily. Sometimes drugs are not the answer.

I paid my money, now gimme my fix.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:26 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

1char

Last edited by yoyoyoda; 03-10-2014 at 08:49 PM..
Old 03-10-2014, 12:44 PM   #35 (permalink)
XYZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoyoda View Post

Maybe.. but. When I'm in pain typically a quick fix is the first thing on my mind.

Ever had to pass a gallstone?
Ever had to care for a suicidal kid?
Rhetorical questions?

I don't have gallstones, but I have experienced a toothache, so I do know how intense pain can be.

Quote:
When people use illicit drugs they are generally giving up on society, not on their lives but on society in general at failing to cater to their needs in whatever way is needed. People commit suicide in this culture, there is fatal flaws all throughout our western society. Just watch a season of the tv show "Intervention". They are normal human beings with real world problems.
Suicide is not a medical problem per se (although obviously the end result is fatal if it is carried out). Neither is drug abuse a medical problem. Those are the end result of having severe psychological problems. Everyone has psychological problems, but most "normal" people have adequate coping skills. Interestingly, not everyone is capable of committing suicide. Of those that attempt suicide or actually do it, there is a profile of factors that they fit into.

Most people don't want to kill themselves. Most people don't become drug addicts. It's not an epidemic and society is not to blame for those things.

This thread is about relieving physical pain. Tangentially that includes the use of licit pain meds and possible dependency on them.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:25 PM   #36 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Cool

I want to head to Colorado and try some of the devils lettuce.

I went to a party once and they had little dishes on a coffee table with what looked like candy or pills in them. Turned out it was different pills or ecstasy before it became big. I passed as I had takened some pills of my own.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:41 PM   #37 (permalink)
XYZ
Banned

Quote:
I want to head to Colorado and try some of the devils lettuce.

I went to a party once and they had little dishes on a coffee table with what looked like candy or pills in them. Turned out it was different pills or ecstasy before it became big. I passed as I had takened some pills of my own.
Attend all the parties. Sample 'em all. Grab a handful. Take 'em home as a goody bag. It sounds like maybe you've been in the DC circuit too long. Are they still doing this? Or has drug pushing become more discreet these days?

Ah, Colorado attracts the dopers. Rocky mountain High. It's now quasi-legal. That doesn't mean it's beneficial to those who use it.

Useful idiots...
Old 03-12-2014, 08:52 PM   #38 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

You can keep trying to drag me under the bus, but I dont care when it comes to pain. Something I agree with YODA on. I had a family member who use to like to brag how they can withstand x amount of pain and must be a top 5 contender if they had a contest to measure it world wide. I tell that person they can have it. I side with a saying Jerry Seinfeld made once.

"I want maximum strength. I want the doctor to find out how much it takes to kill me, then give me a little less."
Old 03-12-2014, 10:33 PM   #39 (permalink)
dlb
EcoModding Lurker

sorry if this link has already been posted, i only glanced through the previous posts. it shows how easy it is to mod most car seats to suit you. pretty cool. it's convinced me to add some lumbar support to my corolla wagon seat.s

AutoSpeed - Reshaping Factory Seats
Old 03-12-2014, 11:25 PM   #40 (permalink)
XYZ
Banned

Quote:
You can keep trying to drag me under the bus, but I dont care when it comes to pain. Something I agree with YODA on.
Yoda's been banned, so you're on your own now.

If anyone comments on personal details you have chosen to reveal that is hardly dragging you under a bus. I suggest you Q-TIP. (Quit taking it personally.)

Reply  Post New Thread