View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 06:19 AM   #62 (permalink)
UltArc
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gk_ghig14 View Post
Haha! I really wanted a standard but all the mt82 issues scared me off, especially with my mod plans in a few years. But manual explains the 6th gear thing. It's more of a mechanical thing vs computer based like my auto shifting is

I believe I start in 3rd(that's what my dash says, and it feels that way). Helps a lot in the rain

I wanna say lowest I've seen is like 1200 in 6th, that was right around 45 when I did the manual mode into 6th

I really wish I had more control over my car like you do. Make life so much easier
Gotta do what's right for you. I don't do any drag strip, and I love control over the car, so it was right for me- plus your concerns over the standard are founded. I have heard the issues slowed/were corrected by 2012, and non existent after 2013- but I do not know for sure. I am 100% comfortable with it because there are so many GTs not only with their 420 HP, but cranked up higher and still beating on the transmission. If it can take that, it can handle me hypermiling the 6 lol

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.