View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 01:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Davo53209@yahoo.com
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme1969 View Post
Well sir that one can go either way on ya. is there a place where all the honda kids go in your area? That will probbably be good route or anywhere that a guarantee is valid and without doubts. You dont really explain if your doing the install but I sorta feel like you arent. It has always been the case that I can buy a remanufactured engine with warrenty for less than any shop will build it for, regardless of if they can even build it better. I suggest you shop around some because some of the hot dogg civic power tricks also help mpg when used responsibly.
To clarify, it would not be me remanufacturing the engine. At the moment, I no longer have the time or access to a machine shop like I did last fall at the local tech school. Even still, my skills are only rudimentary at best. All I did then was tear down & reassembled a small block Chevy engine. However; I would be interested to know where I could find a remanufactured engine with warranty for less than what a shop would build it. Would you be willing to list a few sites? I'm liking the idea of an engine that ready to be dropped in. That would save some $$$cash$$$.

Last edited by Davo53209@yahoo.com; 03-14-2014 at 01:44 PM.. Reason: needed more