View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 04:06 PM   #67 (permalink)
Ironside
EcoModding Lurker

It was a blustery day in the UK today, wind speed 15 mph gusting to 30, not extreme by any standards, but it gave me an opportunity to test the effects on my newly fitted fairing in small steps (See Recumbent Honda 90).

It was a little disconcerting at first, bearing in mind I was psychologically prepared for the worst. It felt a little weird because the gusts would move the bike around but without the associated wind pressure on my body.
It never felt scary or out of control, but I felt it might get like that at any moment. Probably just a confidence thing that will improve as time goes on.

Anyway, I settled in after a while and let the bike 'do its own thing' and was mindful not to overcorrect with steering input and found it does self correct to a certain extent. I'm hoping that as my confidence improves I'll find that it is directionally stable in cross winds.

In the meantime, can anyone suggest something that could be used as a stick on 'stall strip' that I could get from a local hardware store or e-bay ?