View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 02:26 PM   #6345 (permalink)
jedsmd
PLUGnGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
The code isn't set in stone yet. It's not monitoring voltage on this board, so low voltage cutback wouldn't be an option. It should be good from 0v to 400v at bursts over 1000amp I'm hoping (which would make low voltage cutback a bit complex. Like what batteries are being used, programming nominal voltage, How long should it be allowed to sag down, etc.... If you all really want voltage monitoring, I could include it. I was just trying to keep things simple (and cheaper) at the moment. I could easily spend 6 months on features.
I was thinking of the low voltage cutback to protect the batteries. If the batteries sag my BMS will sound the alarm anyway. I don't feel strongly about low voltage cutback - not worth a lot of extra work.

Quote:
What I had in mind was a basic board that just ran the igbts to get the details of that worked out. Programming max motor amps and current ramp rate wouldn't be a big deal.
I plan to test this unit in a daily driver. I would like to be able to set full throttle around 1000 amps and also have enough control on the low end to smoothly parallel park (An economy/power switch wouldn't be a bad thing).
I don't want to cause extra work but I feel there has to be enough end user control to allow people to tweak to their individual vehicles and driving styles.

Quote:
I was just going to include a basic serial port like before, and send a stream of data. If it conforms to the RTD stream, it could use that.
Yep that would be great.
The Following User Says Thank You to jedsmd For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (03-21-2014)