View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 02:20 AM   #11 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Oddly Enough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
Nice report, Rick! When you see the NH vote tally I'll be one of the folks who voted for Dennis "the spinnach" Kucinich,
Funny you should mention Kucinich...

Most Dems I talk to have taken an online test of some kind to align them with their platform/values/etc (including me) and came up with the same conclusion: Dennis Kucinich. I remember we talked about this about 2 years ago or so...

Honestly, he is aligned squarely with what I've been saying over many years, but here's the problem: viability. I grew up in Ohio after his tenure as Mayor of Cleveland -- which was (at best) tumultuous... then during his term (current) as U.S. House Rep. of Ohio's 10th District. I think the Media has painted him with a crummy brush, which is likely going to stick.

I'd vote for him if he had a shot at it, but I think we both know his chances. I understand a vote is a vote, but Politics is Politics (geez that's corny), but nevertheless, the big names get the nod. I learned that the hard way with Nader in 2000, and with the caucus process in Iowa.

Obama will likely take the Liberal vote from DK -- those who stood with him in the Caucuses in Iowa were forced to choose from one of the "Viable 3". More than 80% of the time, that went to Obama, second to Edwards, with a tiny percentage to Hillary as a "Second Choice". NH will probably see stronger support at the Kucinich camp, but I see Obama or Clinton as 1st and 2nd respectively.

Crazy process. 2 party system. That's what we've got...

RH77, D-MO

_
_