View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 12:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
dustyfirewalker
EcoModding Lurker

special V8 multifuel vehicle

HELLO EVERYBODY

first off, ive seen plenty of people get torched on many websites, including this one, and ive been burned on a few forums aswell, im not here to measure whats in my pants or to compare with yours.. lol

i just want to gain and share some knowledge, so here we go!

so just like everyone else here, kinda sick of shelling out money on fuel for driving.. got to thinking a few years back, theres got to be something i can do, something cheaper, with plenty of power, and easy enough to drive without too many problems. ive seen veggie oil, black diesel, woodgas, aluminium oxide +hydrogen production, ethanol stills, fuel cells, hho, the GEET device (and met paul pantone who took my money and lied to me), and many many other things that would peak interest for those interested in alternative energy. but what im looking at lately seems to be a bit different than anything ive been able to find, i believe some older engines were able to accomplish this, and so im going to give it a shot: burning flammable liquid wastes in a spark ignited engine. after retrofitting a brand new big block ford 460 with a geet, and seeing it fall on its face with no power, but smelling a moderately clean exhaust, and trying some other gasoline vapor experiments, trying some oil vapor experiments, and reading a few good articles (some on this site) about using diesel blended with gasoline, and veggie oil blended with gasoline in a spark engine, well guys i would like to see if you have any thoughts, or would share experiences of experimentation with me, im all up for sharing what ive done.

ive read about the old fordson tractors and their ability to burn middle distillates, and even seen more recent engines burn heavier oils, and im not just interested in the oils, im thinking any of the following would be great to throw in the fuel tank : ATF, SVO, BD, WMO, E85, E100, diesel, gasoline, stale gasoline, kerosene, used paint thinner, used hydraulic oil, straight crude oil, axle fluid, used cleaning solvent, any alcohol / flammable liquid i can find. alot of these dont have the octane rating for just being atomized and burned in the cylinder, but i have found out some interesting things that make this possible. if you take ANYTHING, and heat it up to the point it smokes, or wants to burn, and either dont let it burn, or limit the time it can burn, you get a flammable "smoke" or syngas. this applies to anything. take oxygen away from heat and fuel you get smoke that can be oxidized in the engine cleanly. woodgas is a perfect example of the above concept, but because of the feed stock tars can form and if they arent dealt with the engine will gum up. hydrocarbons dont form the same kinds of tars, look into your intake manifold after 100,000 miles of EGR and fuel atomizing and tell me its super clean, and if its not clean, go ahead and tell me how those carbon deposits clogged valves and killed the engine. basically there is a fine line between too dirty, and sort of dirty but not hurting anything....

so what ive seen most of the older engines use to get middle distilates to burn is the following:

1 hot spot intake

2 water/steam added to intake charge for high CR

3 low compression ratio

4 preheated fuel line

5 start up / shut down on gasoline

6 mix gasoline with middle distillates (TVO)

7 using heat to vaporize any flammable liquid into a flammable vapor that has qualities similar to wood gas (high octane, low BTU, clean burn) i found this in old patents and have seen it work myself

what ive seen the newer engines use to burn multiple fuels:

1 hot spot intake

2 water/steam added to intake charge for high CR

3 low compression ratio

4 preheated fuel line

5 start up / shut down on gasoline

6 mix gasoline with middle distillates

7 plasma ignition

8 hho/hydrogen/methane/propane injected as the extra help burning middle distillates

9 Hercules multi fuel duece diesel engine with special burn chamber/ IP/ injectors suited for just about anything flammable even if it contains water

10 using heat to vaporize any flammable liquid into a flammable vapor that has qualities similar to woodgas (high octane, low BTU, clean burn)

sort of seems like theres several ways to skin this cat, and im interested in the best combination of : the easiest, cheapest, most reliable, least maintenance, with no tailpipe smoke. in my opinion i dont care if my v8 truck gets 10 mpg if im only pouring in 25% or less of the gasoline it chugs now.. right now it gets 10 mpg, has tons of power, and is loads of fun, but i can blow through 100$ + in gas every single week! gas today is around $3.30 ish per gal

//edited for length...

Last edited by dustyfirewalker; 01-29-2015 at 08:48 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to dustyfirewalker For This Useful Post:
Joggernot (06-28-2014)