View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 11:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
sarguy01
Master EcoModder

Mazda5 - '12 Mazda 5
90 day: 25.22 mpg (US)

Big D - '11 Dodge Durango Crew
90 day: 18.75 mpg (US)
Lifted truck?? 460 big block? Is your current mpg above 10?? Why bother? Being eco friendly is also a change of mindset. Do you NEED a lifted truck? Probably not, unless you're into mountain rescue or something. I am assuming you drive this truck back and forth to work as well? There is nothing eco friendly about driving a lifted truck to work. Sorry if I am coming off harshly...

Why waste the time and effort on the lifted truck? A 50% improvement to 10 mpg is 15 mpg. Guess what, 15 mpg still sucks!! Spend $2,000 on a used Civic or Metro and get 40+ mpg without doing anything at all. Keep your truck for weekend fun.

I'd skip the experiments of plasma, HHO and alternative fuels. They cost money and usually fail or cannot be proven to work.

High Performance Ignition Systems > Ignition Kits Here is a plasma ignition website. I have no idea who they are. $500 for a system. The payback for a 5% economy increase in my Civic, if there is even any increase at all, would be 125,000 miles. No thanks. Also, take a look at the dyno page. They made more HP with their ignition system, but also advanced the timing. Insane HP and Torque Gains! « Official Aquapulser Blog So, they didn't even do a fair comparison of a stock ignition to their ignition. This is shady business and why I am such a big skeptic on these products.