View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 12:53 AM   #40 (permalink)
TexasCotton
Master EcoModder

TexasThunder Avg MPG 54 - '08 Toyota Prius Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoteach View Post
Well, I am sure that the weight of small chrome caps are not significant. But, go ahead, have your valve stems tear off. I have seen it before, but I know that there will be someone who will argue...

As for the cheap as silicone, sure you can get aftermarket. That is what autozone is. some cars are considerably cheaper, some aren't. I dont think autozone is OEM, but then again you have many options out there like CQ, NAPA, Checker, etc...

WHY? well, the average consumer wouldnt have inflated the tires to 51psi (turning on the light in the first place) and the average consumer wouldnt have coroplast hanging off their car and....It is absolutely fair to pay $150 for the install of the sensor that I was showing. Can I find a brand with cheaper sensors, give me a second...
I am going to wade in here ..... I really do not care for TPMS... although are now mandatory....to me I like too check/inspect my tires regular for any foreign object.....when oem had to install the TPMS the whole system really was horid and sucked...with the stupid dash light ......which does not tell you where something is failed or bad but just that you may have sometin bad.....
too many drivers go around with under inflated and worn tires.....