View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 01:54 AM   #12 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,596 Times in 7,079 Posts
I think aerohead's first post, at Permalink #2, is a sophisticated interpretation of the Template materials shown in #10.

Quote:
PS: Also we have an idea of new fender, for the car. New Molds.jpg what do you think, is it good for the reducing drag? or worthless to do it?
It's hard to know what to think because I can't interpret the monochrome low-poly rendering. This is some artifact at the rear of the wheelwell that looks like an elephant ear. Could you zoom back a little and maybe add colors to the different materials or change the lighting? I'm just trying to help.

The isometric of the front air dam shows a stepped line across the bottom.You could insure the outer, lower portions extend in to the inside of the front tire's tread and leave the center higher so you aren't high-centering in driveways.

I've been thinking about an air-curtain mod for my front fenders. What I might do is use the existing fender as the inside of the channel and make a scoop that transitions from low and wide at the opening to tall and narrow at the wheel well. If the area of the throat is larger than the area of the vent the air will be sped up and injected into the turbulence coming out of the well.

Additional things that can happen under the car: Splitters in front and diffusers in the rear.

Last edited by freebeard; 04-17-2014 at 02:09 AM..