View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 04:44 PM   #17 (permalink)
emre2blue
EcoModding Lurker

3 weeks ago, I made my injectors cleaned. Than my 90km/h MPG went lower. like from 57 to 48. But the high speed MPG went up. I constantly drive the car, as I wish like going more than 160km/h sometimes 200km/h. After a tank (70lt) - I did 6.36lt/100km with this kind of driving. But today, I noticed lower grill block, also blocks the air needed for Intercooler, as it says its a cooler, It needs air to cool. for winter It was the best option I've ever had. I did cancel the EGR valve, so the grill block helped me to get engine warmer quickly. And add some MPG with it. but now temperature is almost 16 degree Celc. in Istanbul, so I unblock the grill and my 48mpg gone up to 52mpg at first ride. Now I will try to get come information, if its actually, made bad to blocking the grill now. But for the bumper design I will do it asap.

PS: Air to Air Intercooler needs more space for cooling, and adds unnoticable pressure drops or turbo lag to the system. But Water to Air Intercooler uses more mass to cool to Inlet Air, and need less radiator surface to cool the water by the air from front of the car. I want to use that. but first the belly, and the bumpers.