View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 05:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Oceanic815
EcoModding Lurker

02 Escape - '02 Ford Escape
SUV
90 day: 17.99 mpg (US)

87 Comanche - '87 Jeep MJ
90 day: 24.21 mpg (US)
Welcome!

I owned from 1999 to 2011 a 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary Edition, which was basically a LX with EX interior trim and matching molding on the sides. I drove that thing everywhere, but the best economy I received was on a trip from Dallas to El Paso at 33mpg, but that was doing 70 or so the entire way. I'm sure you could top that easily doing only 55 on aired up tires and an empty trunk.

When I sold that car with 236k on it, I had went through 2 radiators, 1 auto transmission, 1 rack/pinion, 1 balance shaft seal, and changed the timing belt and water pump twice on top of other minor issues. I also hit a coyote in it which resulted in one of the radiator replacements.

If you aren't already aware, the o-rings on the [F22 series engine] distributors leak oil and the #2 spark plug hole collects oil due to thin gasket design on the passage next to it. If your oil pressure switch fails [located above the oil filter on the back of the engine], have fun replacing it. Just a few things to watch out for.

Anyway, I miss that car but enough CSB- enjoy!