View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 12:48 AM   #12 (permalink)
vrmouseyd15b
ALL UP ON THE INTERWEB!!!

skidmark - super snail - '89 honda civic wagon WAGOVAN
Team "Old SKOOL"
90 day: 30.87 mpg (US)

Pituca - '19 Honda Insight Touring
90 day: 39.34 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaber View Post
The JDM engines didn't come stamped differently between the variations. For example a block stamped D15B could be the 3-stage vtec or regular vtec. The way to tell is to look at the vtec solenoids. The 3-stage vtec should have 2 solenoids compared to 1 for the regular vtec and none for non-vtec. The JDM 3-stage vtec came with a 1-wire o2 sensor.
True. from what i read, the jdm motors donot have numbers at the end of the codes on the block : my jdm d15b is 3 stage vtec w/ lean burn capabilities a usdm d15b6 will not .

The dual vtec solenoid is not a true indication of a 3 stage vtec motor. pull the solenoid off and look at the holes in the head (ha!) If there are only 3, all one above the other, it's single. .three one above the other, and a fourth on the bottom right:
like that, is 3stage.

this is the solenoid:

for the record, i'm running a $29 ebay p2j-j62 with a manual in my 96 civic lx. (cvt ecu - I fooled it into being happy by wiring a 3 wire IACV to it. the iacv is strapped to my clutch line by my battery right now. no cel's 4 wire o2 sensor in stock d16y7 civic location.)

feel free to peek around my public picasa stuff on my "MINION" enjoy!!

My pictures don't work! you can follow this link to my "econo light" folder in picasa. you can see my dual solenoid, and where it tied into the head, and the "holes in myhead!!"
https://picasaweb.google.com/1126895...noLightAt70Mph

Last edited by vrmouseyd15b; 04-30-2014 at 07:45 AM..